Turkey Creek Nature Trail
Turkey Creek Nature Trail and Pavilion is one of the premiere attractions in Niceville. The City prides itself on providing an enjoyable experience for all who visit. The Pavilion is a prime location for gatherings, the swimming areas offer a fun place for the family to cool off, and there are quiet spots to relax and take in nature's beauty. You'll see folks of all ages canoeing, kayaking, and tubing down the creek. Trail markers describe the vegetation found along the boardwalk, and you never know which animals you will spot. There is truly something for everyone at Turkey Creek.
The boardwalk has many places to stop along the way and enjoy the wildlife. You'll see turtles, ducks, a variety of birds and more. An Eagle Scout project provided markers along the trail to identify the vegetation. There are swimming holes and rest areas with benches. Do you walk for exercise? What better place than under the shade of the trees? The boardwalk is 1 mile one way, with markers along the way to show how far you have gone. The North entrance of the boardwalk, which includes a kayak/canoe launch slip, is located on West College Boulevard by Hawks Landing subdivision. This area of the park also features three 12' x 20' picnic pavilions and restrooms.
- Boardwalk closes 20 minutes prior to posted park closure
- Do not feed the animals
- Food may not be taken on the boardwalk beyond the pavilion
- No alcohol or glass containers
- No climbing on rails
- No jumping or diving from walkway
- No skateboards, roller blades, skates, or bicycles
- Pets are not allowed on the park grounds
The walkway is open at 6:30 am, seven days a week. Closing times are seasonal and are posted at the facility. The City of Niceville provides free rides for senior citizens and physically-handicapped persons. Please call 850-685-9405 to schedule a ride, or for more information about Turkey Creek Nature Trail and Pavilion.
The City of Niceville, in working with Compassionate Friends, established the Turkey Creek Nature Trail Path of Memories. This area is open to everyone, with special emphasis on parents who have lost a son or daughter.
If you have lost a child, you have the opportunity to place a memorial plaque provided by Bay Area Awards in this special, tranquil area. If interested, contact park supervisor Phillip Spencer to set up an appointment to complete the application process.
- Along the creek, swimmers have fun cooling off from the heat. Canoes, kayaks, and tubes are allowed. Gasoline engines are not permitted.
- The pavilion is equipped with lights, picnic tables, grills, and a beautiful stone fireplace hearth. Many events have been held at the Pavilion, such as birthday parties, office gatherings, socials and team recognition ceremonies. The Pavilion works on a first-come basis.
- Security staff are on site to ensure a safe, fun environment for all to enjoy.
- Take the family for an outing. It has become such a popular spot, you never know who you will run into!
- Soda vending machines and restrooms are located near the pavilion.