Senior Citizens Solid Waste Collection Reduced Rate
On March 13, 2012 The Niceville City Council adopted Ordinance 12-03-01, initiating a senior discount program for reduced solid waste collection fees. An application for the discount programs may be filed with the City Utility Billing Office according to the following guidelines.
- Must be 65 years of age or older by November 1st of the current year and provide proof of age from one of the following documents:
- Drivers License
- Identification Card issued by the State of Florida
- Birth Certificate
- Must be the homestead property owner (to be verified by the Okaloosa County Property Appraiser)
- No more then two people reside in the dwelling
- Must reside inside the city limits of Niceville (billed garbage and recycling on your water bill)
Rates / Service
Homestead property owners who elect and are approved to take advantage of the Senior Program will receive a 15% rate reduction. The level of service will remain the same as all other residential customers.
Additions and deletions for the senior program will be on an annual basis between January 1 and April 30, if you are currently enrolled in the program and still meet the eligibility requirements then you will stay enrolled until you want to terminate your enrollment by calling our office or sending written notification to terminate you from the program. Customers who want to join the program will need to apply between January 1 and April 30.
Once you enroll in the program you are committed to the program for the year unless you terminate your water service and move.
Forms are available at the Utility Billing Water Department or by clicking on the Senior Discount Form below. Please bring the necessary documents, indicated above under qualifications, with you as the applicants signature will need to be notarized at the time of filing. Notaries are available on site. Download a Senior Discount Form .