Friends of the Niceville Library
The Friends Group is a committee of the Friends of the Niceville Public Library, Inc.
The Friends of the Niceville Public Library provide financial support and volunteer assistance for activities, programs, and services that make the library a better place for all patrons.
There are no age limits for our Friends: people of all ages, backgrounds and interests are welcome to join. We treasure ideas and recognize that our public library is a vital community resource. We appreciate the City of Niceville for providing us with a superb library that stands ready to serve the entire community with excellent resources and the highest level of customer service.
Projects and Programs
- Sienna, statue in front of the library
- Front Entryway Beautification, originally given in 2007, resealed 2013, 2018, 2021
- Tony Krysinsky Wood Engraving, “The Learning Path,” in Youth Services, given 2008
- Partial support provided a wheelchair for use by library patrons, 2008
- AWE Learning Stations (2 of 4) in Youth Services, given 2012
- Wall monitor at circulation desk to advertise library and community events, 2012, 2018
- New office furniture for Library Director’s office, 2013
- New disc cleaner for CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays, 2014
- $500 donation to Mary Esther Friends for replacement items lost in March, 2014 storm
- LEGO Learning Activities Set, 2015
- Aquarium refurbishment/upgrade, 2015
- Funds provided annually for members of the library staff to attend various training sessions and conferences to share and learn more information to continually enhance our library
- Two glass display cases 2018
- Digital display board Children's Department 2018
- Fund Eagle Scout Project - Outdoor Pergola 2018
- Your tax-deductible membership donation helps enhance library services.
- You are invited to participate in our monthly meetings.
- You will receive a monthly library events flyer.
- You will receive early admission to the Annual Book Sale.
Our bookstore is located in the Library and is open Tuesday and Wednesday from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm and Saturday from 10:00 am - 1:30 pm.
We sell items at reasonable prices, including hardbacks, trade paperbacks, audiobooks, DVDs, magazines and other items that have been donated to the library.
Donate to the Friends
Donations may be dropped off at the library during normal business hours. Tax receipts will be available upon request. We accept gently-used items. Please view our Donation Guidelines.
Annual Book Sale
Our Annual Book Sale is held each fall, and includes a Bake Sale and special members-only preview sale the night before. Follow the Friends on Facebook to be one of the first to hear about the annual sale and all things FOL.