Annexation, Re-Zoning & Special Exceptions


  • Letter of request from the property owner, owner's signature and a copy of the warranty deed. For annexations, the present Okaloosa County zoning is required and Okaloosa County Future Land Use Designation. Parcel Identification Number, found on warranty deed or tax notice.
  • There is a $225 charge for legal and advertising fees. There may also be an additional charge (actual cost incurred) if a Comprehensive Plan Amendment is required.
  • The City will install signs on the property with the necessary information as to the kind of request being made.
  • Planning Commission meetings are usually held the 1st Monday of the month at 6 p.m. in the city of Niceville Council Chambers, 208 North Partin Drive. Property owner or a representative should be present.
  • City Council meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. in the City of Niceville Council Chambers.

Due Dates

This information must be submitted to the building inspector's office before the 5th of each month.